Working off-site is our default work mode and one of the challenges in a remote first policy is to guarantee that those who choose to work remotely have the same working conditions and opportunities as those who choose going to the office.
Sharing information and providing the right technological solutions are as important as any other working tools to ensure that people can perform at their best and feel engaged with the company.
Microsoft Teams is the communication and collaboration platform we have chosen to keep our teams connected, hold meetings, file storage and application integration, workplace chat and be able to work from anywhere in the world. It’s great teamwork hub, super secure and highly customizable with more and more apps being added or integrated with the platform.
That said, all our teams work with at least two different Microsoft accounts, one from the client and the other from Lisbon nearshore (LN) and this can also be a challenge.
So, we have asked João to explain how we use both accounts at the same time reducing the risk of any information going under the radar.
One up front
YES, you can access two Teams accounts at the same time on your laptop!
- Teams Desktop client – We usually use it for collaboration with the client, more robust and with more features.
- Teams Web (as a Web APP) – You can use LN’s account
Let me tell you how to install the Web APP:
- Install Microsoft Teams Web App
- Open Edge and sign in with LN’s account to Microsoft Teams https://teams.microsoft.com/
- Go to Settings, Apps > Install this site as an app
- Name the APP and Install
- The app will appear in the start menu of windows. You can also pin to taskbar