Your personal data is primarily processed by Lntd – Lisbon Nearshore, Lda, with office at Av. da Liberdade 129B, 1250-140, Santo António, Lisboa, Portugal, acting as a Data Controller for the purpose of applicable data protection law. Under certain circumstances the responsibility for data protection and your privacy is shared with one or several other legal entities, either being Lisbon Nearshore affiliate or a third party.
How we use your personal data?
If you contact us about our services, the emails you send may include information about you, such as your name, address, age, gender, email address and your enquiry. We use this information to carry out the following:
In line with the legitimate interest, we have in promoting our business, we will process your enquiries to provide you with information about the services we offer.
This might include replying to your enquiry, or sending you invites to our events.
We may also process enquiries to take steps you ask of us with a view to entering into an agreement to provide you with our services.
You are under no obligation to provide us with any details, but if you don’t provide all relevant information, we may not be able to help.
We might use your information to send you marketing emails, in accordance with our legitimate interests, about our services or events which are similar or related to those which you have previously received (or attended, in the case of events).
If you would like to be removed from this mailing list, please contact us at email@example.com or click unsubscribe at the bottom of each marketing email.
When you apply for a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by us. Your personal data was either provided by yourself or obtained from publicly available sources (e.g. LinkedIn) or provided to us by someone who referred you for potential employment.
Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing our recruitment related activities in line with our legitimate interests, which include evaluating your candidacy/application for employment with us, setting up and conducting interviews and test for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as in otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes.
Your personal data is going to be shared with the Human Resources department who will manage the recruitment and selection process.
Your personal data will be retained by us for 12 months from the date of the application. The data is used in order to improve our recruitment efforts and selection procedure but also as a talent pool. Whenever we have a new opening, we can easily access the data of candidates who have shown interest in our company in the past and contact them to see if they are available for a new opportunity. If you have any objections to us retaining your information for these purposes, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All content you submit to us
We process this information to understand how visitors use our website and to compile statistical reports regarding that activity (for example your IP address is used to approximate the country from which you access our website, and we aggregate this information together, so we know that, for example, most of the visitors to our website come from a certain country/area).
This information is not used to develop a personal profile of you. All such information is aggregated and stored anonymously.
Do we share your information with anyone else?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personal data to outside parties without a legitimate ground to do it. This does include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential through legal agreements. We may disclose your personal with:
- Affiliates – companies related to Lisbon Nearshore by common ownership or control;
- Business partners – trusted companies that work with and support us in providing our services;
- Law enforcement and public authority – when we are required to do so by law or to protect Lisbon Nearshore’s rights.
Anonymous information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or analogous uses.
Due to its international market approach, Lisbon Nearshore may need to process your data out of the European Economic Area. Any information we might share to a third country, outside the European Economic Area, is made under strict compliance of the applicable law. If a relevant adequacy decision is not in force, Lisbon Nearshore ensures the adoption of the standard contractual clauses or equivalent mechanism, as required by law.
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our business or assets, the information we hold may be included as part of that sale, in which case you may be notified, as appropriate, via email and/or a notice on the website of any changes in ownership or use of your information, as any choices you may have regarding that information.
Your rights in relation to personal data which we process relating to you?
You have the following rights over the way we process personal data relating to you:
- You can ask for a copy of the data we are processing about you, and you can have inaccuracies corrected;
- You can ask us to restrict, stop processing, or to delete your personal data;
- You can request a machine-readable copy of your personal data, which you can use with another service provider. Where it is technically feasible, you can ask us to send this information directly to another provider if you prefer; and
- You can make a complaint to a data protection regulator.
We aim to comply without undue delay, and within one month at the latest. Please send your requests to email@example.com
We follow the requirements of GDPR and COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), since we do not intend to collect any information from anyone under 18 years for age. Our website, products and/or services are all directed to people who are at least 18 years old or older.
We will take all reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss misuse or alteration of your personal information. Our website is hosted on a platform with adequate security measures and stores your data encrypted.
This policy may be updated from time to time. We will notify you of any changes by posting the new policy here and, where feasible, by letting you know by email.
Everything you need to know about our cookies
A cookie is a text file that contains a small amount of data, which is downloaded by the device that you use to access our website and is stored on its hard disk. These cookies have several uses, allowing our website to recognize your device when you visit again, ensuring you receive the correct content and save information regarding preferences or services that you have provided.
Change your cookie preferences
You can change the preferences of your browser to limit which cookies should allow access. Please note that, if you adjust the cookie settings, you may not be able to use some parts of the website correctly.
What types of cookies do we use?
Functional or necessary cookies
Functional or necessary cookies ensure that our website functions properly. For example:
- Remembering which permissions you have given for the collection of your data.
- Remembering that you have already applied for a certain vacancy.
- Stored browser settings so that you can view our website optimally on your screen.
- An even load on the website so that it is easily accessible and continues to work optimally.
We use analytical cookies with the help of third parties to investigate website use. These statistics give us insight into, among other things, how often we are visited and where we can improve our website. In this way we can continuously optimize the experience with our website. The following data is stored, among other things:
- The IP address that is made anonymous.
- Technical characteristics, such as the browser you use (such as Chrome, Safari or Firefox), the resolution of your computer screen, your language preference and which device you use.
- From which page you came to the website.
- When and for how long you visit or use the website
- Whether you use functionalities of the website.
- Whether our communication is read;
- Which pages you visit on our website.
- We can keep track of which advertisements you have already seen
- We can keep track of how many times you have already seen an advertisement.
- We can prevent you from seeing the same advertisement over and over.
- We can keep track of whether you click on the advertisements.
- We can keep track of whether you are applying after you click on an advertisement.
- We can measure whether you read our communication, and which links you click, so that we can make this communication as relevant as possible for you.
- We can combine your online surfing behavior and we build segments from this (combined) data, regardless of which device you use.
- We can estimate your advertising interests by means of the built-up segments and tailor ads on third-party websites accordingly.
For the cookies that third parties place for marketing purposes, we refer you to the statements on the websites of these parties. Because the statements can change regularly, we recommend that you consult these privacy and cookie statements regularly. The following third parties place cookies and/or other technologies via our website: